Intrepid Direct Insurance (IDI) is an innovative property and casualty company of W. R. Berkley. We thrive because we collaborate. We encourage our employees to work together to find solutions, implement ideas, and cultivate an environment where they feel most comfortable. We believe that great ideas take root in our culture. Our commitment to these behaviors pushes us to create and sustain the most efficient insurance experience for our customers while using our team’s impressive knowledge of the insurance industry.
IDI is searching for an open minded and curious individual to join our team as a Claims Specialist. In this exciting role, the team member will be responsible for performing claim duties associated with the coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation, litigation management and resolution of all claims assigned while working on special projects and collaborating on process improvements. Our ideal candidate will be able to utilize their exceptional customer service skills, as well as be able to plan and organize successfully.
A day in the life would include:
- Collaborates on shaping the future strategy of the Claims Department
- Manages complex and severe claims up to and exceeding $100K, in and out of litigation
- Conduct the necessary investigation on all assigned claims to determine coverage, liability, reserves and damages
- Evaluate, negotiate and settle assigned claims
- Identify and pursue recovery opportunities (salvage, subrogation, etc.)
- Conducts research on industry trends to share with the team and keep apprised of laws; including Federal, State and Local jurisdictions
- Occasionally, attend professional and/or continuing educational seminars and classes
- Commercial lines insurance background
- Minimum 5 years commercial claim handling experience
- 5 years of legal experience or experience managing complex claims
- Prior experience in managing litigated claims is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree required or 6 years prior related insurance experience
- Insurance related designation (AIC, SCLA and/or CPCU)
- Have, or ability to obtain adjuster license in required states
- Claims handling experience in all lines of property and casualty commercial insurance
- Candidate will possess excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starting, self-motivating and capable of making decisions independently