Contribute to building a profitable portfolio of business while gaining a substantive understanding of the roles and responsibilities of underwriting.
- learn: (a) BCP coverages and policy forms; (b) the process by which our business is administered; and (c) the overall “language of insurance”;
- demonstrate functional knowledge of underwriting, producer relationships and market management issues;
- understand our approach to managing our relationships with clients and producers;
- exhibit proficiency in our marketing/sales methodologies;
- develop a functional understanding of multiple lines of commercial insurance.
The successful candidate will provide technical support to underwriting staff, participate in various underwriting and educational activities, and be responsible for:
- organizing, analyzing and inputting relevant underwriting information into all systems;
- the preparation, quality control review and issuance of quotes, binders, and policies;
- organization and maintenance of Account files in all systems;
- organization and maintenance of approved external document cataloguing;
- review submissions and apprise underwriting staff of any discrepancies, inconsistencies or need for clarification or follow up;
- prepare written analyses of and populate price models for risks and exposures associated with a given account;
- monitor email correspondence and effectively triage electronic correspondence and requests from underwriting staff, brokers and insureds;
- execute special projects in pursuit of enhanced operational excellence, delivery of valuable external marketing materials, and portfolio analysis reporting;
- self-study in pursuit of appropriate designations as defined by management; and
- interact with the marketplace through frequent attendance of regional client and producer meetings.