Join our team as a Commercial Lines Underwriter evaluating acceptability of individual risks and determining terms, conditions and pricing to achieve company profit and growth objectives. Work with agents/brokers to develop productive and profitable relationships and to ensure compliance with company underwriting guidelines.
Be a part of a high energy team with an entrepreneurial spirited company and have a meaningful impact in our organization!
Making an impact includes:
- Underwriting new business by reviewing the application for acceptability, requesting additional information, if necessary, and accepting or rejecting risks in conformance with company guidelines.
- Underwriting within authority set forth by Commercial Lines Vice President and within confines of company's reinsurance treaties and corresponds with agency to collect additional information.
- Underwriting renewal business by reviewing insured's file, producing agency's experience, nature and frequency of losses, loss control surveys, motor vehicle reports, and prior carrier loss experience.
- Assisting Commercial Lines Vice President in development of new products, pricing, or coverage's needed.
- Developing productive and profitable relationships with agents.
- Maintaining an established loss ratio.
- Meeting established production goals and delivers timely service.
- Serving as the staff liaison for the assigned line in disseminating line updates and developing staff.
- Traveling within the assigned territory to facilitate customer development and relationship through agency visitation and prospect calls.
- Pursuing a program of continuing education by participating in industry sponsored and company sponsored educational courses.
- Assisting in training of other personnel as directed.