W. R. Berkley Corporation is a Fortune 500 Company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The Company is made up of dedicated and passionate people committed to delivering the highest quality insurance products and services to specialized markets worldwide.
At Berkley Life Sciences, we insure the future of life science innovators today. We do so by serving as a preferred market for the life science industry around the globe, offering a broad range of sophisticated property & casualty products and services designed to meet our customers’ individualized needs.
Berkley Life Sciences professionals cohesively respond to the unique challenges faced by our life science customers. We are looking for talented and dedicated professionals to join our team.
Technical Skills and Competencies
Customer Focus and Teamwork
Innovation and Initiative
Role Specific Competencies
Customer Service Excellence
Positive Learning Culture
Proven organizational skills and the ability to solve problems, exercise influence and prioritize
· Knowledge of underwriting processes, coverages, and tools to gather and evaluate information in order to reach appropriate decisions on assigned renewal book
· Ability to uncover customer needs, position specific solutions, handle objections and close deals
· Ability to exercise judgment, negotiate and make sound business decisions effectively based on level of authority
· Proven organizational skills and the ability to solve problems, exercise influence and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Ability to build and maintain cooperative partnerships with customers and co-workers
Travel requirements up to 10% of time with minimal overnight travel
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or related experience
· Minimum 3 years underwriting or associate underwriting experience, Life Sciences a plus
· Management experience a plus