W.R. Berkley Corporation is a Fortune 500 Company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The Company is made up of dedicated and passionate people committed to delivering the highest quality insurance products and services to specialized markets worldwide.
At Berkley Life Sciences, we insure the future of life science innovators today. We do so by serving as a preferred market for the life science industry around the globe, offering a broad range of sophisticated property & casualty products and services designed to meet our customers’ individualized needs.
Berkley Life Sciences professionals cohesively respond to the unique challenges faced by our life science customers. We are looking for talented and dedicated professionals to join our team.
Under the direction the Field Underwriting Territory Manager the Life Sciences Production Underwriter is responsible for the new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers.
· Build strong relationships with brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
· Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
· Business development results for assigned territories
· Identify opportunities for account rounding.
· Provide technical support to producers and insureds
· Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associate, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims
Technical Skills and Competencies
Customer Focus and Teamwork
Innovation and Initiative
Role Specific Competencies
Creative Problem Solving
Positive Learning Culture
· 7 years of underwriting experience including products, property, workers compensation and automobile
· Extensive experience with ISO – rates, forms and rules
· The individual should have a proven track record of building strong business relationships with insureds, agents & brokers.
· Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong skill demonstrated in complex account analysis, prioritization, organization and detail orientation.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Experience with products, property, workers compensation and automobile underwriting experience. Claims made experience a plus.
· Products Liability experience a plus
Travel Required – high – up to 50% Travel