Admiral Insurance Group, a W. R. Berkley Company, is a wholesale-dedicated excess and surplus lines commercial insurance carrier. We specialize in underwriting difficult-to-place moderate to high-risk commercial business looking for creative solutions to new and unusual complex risks. Our lines of business include Commercial Casualty and Professional Liability.
Admiral has been in operation since 1974, with antecedents dating back to 1952. We have been a part of the W. R. Berkley Corporation since 1979. W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Our A.M. Best’s rating is A+ and a financial size category XV.
We are a company that values the individual strengths of each of our employees. Admiral empowers individuals, challenging every employee to contribute to our goal, agile solution provider to our customers and our team. We seek collaborative individuals dedicated to making a difference every day. We offer opportunities for advancement, personal development, competitive benefits and compensation.
Come join our team!
We are looking for a dynamic technology leader that will help Admiral expand its brand and reputation and become a significant player in the Technology E&O market through the use of intellectual capital. This involves assembling a successful team and taking over our current book of business to accomlish the following:
· Production and underwriting of new and renewal accounts.
· Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
· Maintains an acceptable underwriting profit.
· Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
· Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships.
· Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
· Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Professional.
· Responsible for expense management including profitability and loss.
· Responsible for marketing & managing marketing campaign for niche business. including developing marketing plan with UWs to grow book, territory, specific class
· Lead strategic marketing calls to key brokers.
· Manage the underwriting staff including, but not limited to, monitoring procedures within the team and making recommendations as appropriate to the Senior Vice President.
· Complete performance appraisals for the underwriting staff by assessing and evaluating staff performance with the supervision of the Senior Vice President.
· Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
· Acts as lead on product development projects and Research, develop and implement special projects as assigned.
· Participate in the hiring, promotion, salary administration, training, and termination of department personnel.
· Assist staff in the underwriting and pricing of difficult risks on a referral basis, and based on underwriting authorities as established within the department.
· Underwrite and select new/renewal business that will produce an underwriting profit for the company.
· Complete UW Audits per company guidelines.
· Provide staff with summary of reports / key data and give direction on opportunities or areas we need to correct.
Work with Finance, Actuaries, Claims Dept. to gather data to analyze department Assist SVP / CUO as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Coursework toward applicable designation (including but not limited to CPCU, RPLU, etc.) desired.
· Prior Management or Supervisory experience required.
· Minimum of 7 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience, including surplus lines.
· Strong technical knowledge of Professional Lines of coverage, specifically Technology E&O marketplace.
· Proven ability to produce and maintain profitable business by underwriting complex and unique risks.
· Ability to provide both strategic leadership and guidance while also maintaining hands on capabilities.
· Adherence to Admiral’s values as it pertains to responsiveness and idea generation.
· Up to 30% travel.