Admiral Insurance Group, a W. R. Berkley Company, is a wholesale-dedicated excess and surplus lines commercial insurance carrier. We specialize in underwriting difficult-to-place moderate to high-risk commercial business looking for creative solutions to new and unusual complex risks. Our lines of business include Commercial Casualty and Professional Liability.
Admiral has been in operation since 1974, with antecedents dating back to 1952. We have been a part of the W. R. Berkley Corporation since 1979. W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Our A.M. Best’s rating is A+ and a financial size category XV.
We are a company that values the individual strengths of each of our employees. Admiral empowers individuals, challenging every employee to contribute to our goal, agile solution provider to our customers and our team. We seek collaborative individuals dedicated to making a difference every day. We offer opportunities for advancement, personal development, competitive benefits and compensation. Come join our team!
To learn more, visit us at: https://www.admiralins.com/.
· Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
· Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Professional.
· Lead training efforts nationally for Associate UWs, UW’s and Sr. UW’s.
· Lead Research Projects on trends impacting department (LOB).
· Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
· Function as referral authority to Associate UWs, UW’s and Sr. UW’s.
· Active mentorship and training of Associate Underwriters and Underwriters.
· Provide support to the auditing process.
· Support UW and Marketing responsibilities on an as needed basis.
· Assist with special projects, including Product Development, as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Coursework toward applicable designation (including but not limited to CPCU, RPLU, etc.) desired.
· Minimum of 15 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience.
· Technical knowledge of Professional Lines of coverage.
· Broker Management and Marketing experience.
· Mentorship and Training experience.
· Research and Project Management experience.
· Up to 30% travel.