This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to a development/support team, while partnering with internal and external customers to deliver service oriented solutions, primarily focused on the Property Casualty insurance industry. The role will have a heavy leadership component which will involve mentoring, coaching and leading the IT team in areas of support, implementation of systems, process and development standards. The role will have a broad impact on multiple teams, and influence at the enterprise and corporate levels
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated leader, diligent about execution and willing to be directly involved in delivering solutions.
- Work with team members and peers of the IT leadership teams to implement strategy and evolve IT to the next level.
- Provide clear and concise communications to Internal Stakeholders, Business Partners and Executive Management;
- Review and implement multi-year strategies for organization, systems, or projects
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the operations of information systems.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing, computer systems operations and software development, maintenance and testing.
- Assists with or leads the development and creation of strategic documents such as Project Business cases, translation of business requirements into technical requirements, project plans and designing of technical solutions
- Define and manage a well-defined project, estimates and ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Meet with internal and external service delivery managers and technical personnel to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer software platforms, networks and information systems.
- Conducts quality reviews, talent assessment, provides direct supervision of a team including goals, budget, and personnel development.
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures.
- Ensure technology that supports the insurance business with cost effective hardware and software.
- Provide technical expertise by contributing into the deliverables of technical business solutions
- Ability with work with and extend the capabilities of vendor solution platforms
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and other technology resources.
- Advise management and staff of security breach concerns and audit compliance procedures
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate.
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal.
- Perform other related duties as required.