Admiral Insurance Group, a W. R. Berkley Company, is a wholesale-dedicated excess and surplus lines commercial insurance carrier. We specialize in underwriting difficult-to-place moderate to high-risk commercial business looking for creative solutions to new and unusual complex risks. Our lines of business include Commercial Casualty and Professional Liability.
Admiral has been in operation since 1974, with antecedents dating back to 1952. We have been a part of the W. R. Berkley Corporation since 1979. W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Our A.M. Best’s rating is A+ and a financial size category XV.
We are a company that values the individual strengths of each of our employees. Admiral empowers individuals, challenging every employee to contribute to our goal, agile solution provider to our customers and our team. We seek collaborative individuals dedicated to making a difference every day. We offer opportunities for advancement, personal development, competitive benefits and compensation. Come join our team!
To learn more, visit us at: https://www.admiralins.com/.
• Incorporate all claims into company records and review for applicability of coverage.
• Present facts of claims, with recommendations, to committee as necessary.
• Establish initial loss and expense reserves. Maintain valid loss and expense reserves based on current investigation and legal discovery.
• Supervise activities of Independent Adjusters, investigators and defense attorneys to ensure that all claims are appropriately handled.
• Attend and participate in mediations/trials as necessary.
• Adhere to company procedures and guidelines as well as case law and statutory
requirements when coverage is in question, and/or when paying or denying claims.
• Comply with reporting requirements of treaty and facultative reinsurers.
• Maintain current understanding of various unfair claim practices statutes.
• Prepare large loss reports where applicable.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of five years of progressive commercial insurance claims handling experience.
• Focus on Professional Liability (Medical) lines of business.
• Ability to assess priorities and manage deadlines effectively.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite.