Admiral Insurance Group, a W. R. Berkley Company, is a wholesale-dedicated excess and surplus lines commercial insurance carrier. We specialize in underwriting difficult-to-place moderate to high-risk commercial business looking for creative solutions to new and unusual complex risks. Our lines of business include Commercial Casualty and Professional Liability.
Admiral has been in operation since 1974, with antecedents dating back to 1952. We have been a part of the W. R. Berkley Corporation since 1979. W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Our A.M. Best’s rating is A+ and a financial size category XV.
We are a company that values the individual strengths of each of our employees. Admiral empowers individuals, challenging every employee to contribute to our goal, agile solution provider to our customers and our team. We seek collaborative individuals dedicated to making a difference every day. We offer opportunities for advancement, personal development, competitive benefits and compensation. Come join our team!
To learn more, visit us at: https://www.admiralins.com/.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Underwriting Assistant will provide general operational support to the Department including the processing of policies, endorsements, submissions and other client related correspondence for new and existing accounts.
• Sends requests for additional information (inspection reports, financials, audits)
• Policy creation, binding, and issuance
• Issues notices of cancellation or reinstatement within authority
• Processing of endorsements and related correspondence
• Provides reports upon request
• Responsible for maintaining documentation in all Underwriting files
• Provides backup support for clearance processing
• Minimum of 1-2 years of commercial lines insurance experience
• Commercial Casualty lines knowledge a plus
• Proven capability for client servicing
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong organization skills.
• Ability to manage deadlines effectively.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Technical proficiency is required.