Admiral Insurance Group, a W. R. Berkley Company, is a wholesale-dedicated excess and surplus lines commercial insurance carrier. We specialize in underwriting difficult-to-place moderate to high-risk commercial business looking for creative solutions to new and unusual complex risks. Our lines of business include Commercial Casualty and Professional Liability.
Admiral has been in operation since 1974, with antecedents dating back to 1952. We have been a part of the W. R. Berkley Corporation since 1979. W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Our A.M. Best’s rating is A+ and a financial size category XV.
We are a company that values the individual strengths of each of our employees. Admiral empowers individuals, challenging every employee to contribute to our goal, agile solution provider to our customers and our team. We seek collaborative individuals dedicated to making a difference every day. We offer opportunities for advancement, personal development, competitive benefits and compensation.
Come join our team! To learn more, visit us at: https://www.admiralins.com/.
The Senior Underwriter will work in a team setting generating, underwriting and analyzing accounts for development of our Professional Lines business with a focus on developing our Technology business.
• Production and underwriting of new and renewal business.
• Strategic marketing of Admiral PL products.
• Compliance with underwriting rules and guidelines.
• Working creatively on complex accounts.
• Development of new and existing key broker/agent relationships.
• Maintain strong underwriting profit.
• National product focused projects as assigned.
• Representation at key industry specific events.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Major in Risk Management and Insurance is a plus.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of commercial underwriting experience.
• RPLU designation preferred.
• Working knowledge of professional liability market with a focus on Technology line of business.
• Additional MPL industry exposure is a plus.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills.
• Ability to manage deadlines effectively.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and other applications.
• Travel potential up to 25%.