Travel Required: London, Continental Europe, Australia, Asia and Latin America. The overall estimated travel is 50%.
About this role
Lead and/or assist in the performance of multi-disciplinary audits completed for the international insurance and reinsurance segments of W. R. Berkley Corporation (WRBC). Continue to develop and refine the long-term plans for providing internal audit services throughout the various regions.
· Continue the ongoing development of an international multi-year audit plan. This includes the expansion and understanding of the international risk universe.
· Participate in the annual risk assessment used to develop the annual audit plans. The risk assessment should include an understanding of the WRBC Group Risk registers, the various companies’ Risk Registers, financial results, and input from key departments.
· Coordinate and develop the co-source arrangement in place for Internal Audit in the U.K and Europe.
· Enhance the interface and coordinate with Internal Audit functions existing within the segments.
· Lead and/or perform multi-disciplinary audits throughout the international insurance and reinsurance segments. This includes:
Ø Staffing and planning audits utilizing professionals from the WRBC Internal Audit Department, WRBC Operating Units, and/or the co-source provider.
Ø Assess practices, procedures, results and controls of the subject unit and/or function.
Ø Assess effectiveness of the organizational structure, staffing and management information.
Ø Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Ø Lead and/or participate in closing meetings and Senior Management debriefings.
Ø Develop opportunities for improvement, and document issues and recommendations.
Ø Prepare written reports
· Utilize RSA Archer’s Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance software to document audit work papers, identify reportable issues, monitor Sarbanes Oxley 404 testing progress, and follow-up on remedial actions.
· Coordinate with the Global Sarbanes Oxley Coordinators to ensure that Management’s testing is appropriately executed and the results reported across the international segments.
· Be acquainted with regulatory requirements and changes as defined by key regulators such as Lloyds of London, the Prudential Regulatory Authority (U.K.), the Financial Conduct Authority (U.K.), the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
· Interact with key contacts throughout the international segments such as individual Risk Officers and the respective Audit Committee members.
· Contribute to the development of the Internal Audit Department team members.