Processes incoming and outgoing mail using automated mailing equipment for Continental Western Group
(CWG) and other Berkley entities according to established procedures, guidelines and productivity standards.
Assembles and prepares insurance documents for mailing. Provides backup support for reception by
answering and directing calls received on a multi-line switchboard. Greets and directs on-site visitors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Collects, sorts and prepares outgoing mail including agent mail, direct mail, certified mail, checks, United
Parcel Service (UPS) and FedEx shipments, and other postal packages. Uses automated mailing equipment to
prepare, process, weigh, and meter items. Reviews appearance of all outgoing mail. Maintains certified mail
records and reconciles proof of mailing on a daily basis. 50%
Opens and sorts inter-office and in-bound mail from the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, etc. according to
destination and type. Distributes mail throughout facility according to established schedule. 15%
Assembles computer-generated insurance policies, billing statements, policyholder notices and cancellation
notices and prepares for mailing. 15%
Provides backup support to reception by answering and directing calls received on a multi-line switchboard.
Pages or transfers call to voice mail when staff is unavailable. Greets visitors, determines nature of business
and announces visitors to appropriate staff. Monitors visitor access and issues security badges when required.
Maintains and updates agency and field staff name and address information in various business systems. 5%
Conducts training of new mail center staff and performs variety of support functions and backup for print
operations and scanning as needed. 5%
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; one year related office experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of current postal codes, procedures and regulations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Possess strong customer service orientation
* Enthusiastic, solution-oriented, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer service environment
* Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Highly organized with the ability manage multiple priorities and deadlines
* Attention to detail to ensure accuracy is critical
* Solid critical thinking and decision making skills
* Demonstrates flexibility by embracing new systems, processes, technology and ideas
* Works collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
* Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
* Ability to operate automated mail processing equipment, duplicating equipment and multi-line switchboard
* Ability to accurately sort and file alpha / numerically
* Regular and predictable attendance is essential
* Computer navigation skills and proficient with business software such as MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
* Regularly and consistently demonstrates commitment to company values and guiding principles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be seated for sustained periods of time; use fingers to pick up, pinch, twist, or keyboard; express themselves by speaking includes conveying detailed or important spoken information accurately; distinguish sounds at normal levels (with or without correction); be able to receive detailed information orally; and move wrists, hands and/or fingers repetitively. The employee is occasionally required to move about on foot to accomplish tasks; extend their hands/arms in any direction; raise or lower objects or move objects from place to place; and hold onto objects with their fingers/palms.