Personal Jewelry Underwriter for the Berkley Asset Protection digital on-line program.This underwriter will promote profitable written premium growth and favorable loss ratios in accordance with BAPU Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority as it relates to the digital on-line program.
- Position involves handling both inbound and outbound customer interactions. This comes in nature of direct calls from insureds and potential insureds as well as email correspondence.
- Evaluation, rating, and pricing of appraisals for New Business risks within company guidelines.
- Executing on policy changes within authority (endorsements).
- Development of sales techniques and processes that drive revenue.
- Processes payments for policyholders including credit card (in accordance with PCI standards) and ACH payment, including payments that fail.
- Preparation of Declination correspondence to insured (when required).
- Completion/updating of data entry fields in digital on-line program.
- Completion of Rating/Review Documents as required.
- Adherence to BAPU Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority.
- Communication with and solicitation of additional information from insureds and jewelers when needed.
- Development, maintenance, and management of assigned agency/jeweler relationships through regular customer contact.
- Communication of corporate goals, programs, and underwriting policies and procedures.
- Evaluation of the performance of assigned agency/jeweler relationships to ensure company and agency/jeweler goals are met.
- Awareness and maintenance of personal production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk, and other production and quality measures.
- Coordination of Loss Control services as needed.
- Act as a liaison with finance/accounting as needed.
- Management of special projects or program business as needed.
- Availability to aid in additional workflow processes when needed and subject to supervisor direction.