The Underwriting Executive will manage existing broker and client relationships and will develop new broker and client relationships, resulting in premium generation. The Underwriting Executive will work closely with the Actuarial, Claims, and Underwriting teams to understand and achieve profitability targets. The Underwriting Executive will also analyze risk, exposure, loss and coverage information for group and individual risk accounts to structure and price programs that are financially efficient for the insured and profitable for the company, and will Identify and utilize data-driven analyses to drive marketing efforts relative to customer acquisition and retention.
- Review new and renewal submissions for completeness and address any discrepancies with the broker.
- Organize and aggregate loss and exposure information and input into pricing models.
- Analyze and interpret risk data and complete an underwriting workbook for each eligible risk.
- Work with actuarial to understand the key components of the pricing models.
- Establish and maintain broker relationships though superior levels of service and direct broker engagement.
- Manage referrals within guidelines.
- Attend industry client centric events
- Assist with the development of new products, services, process improvements, and marketing initiatives
- Identify and report operational risks and areas in need of improvement.
- Independently make sales calls to brokers and clients, and when necessary, coordinate with Executive, Underwriting, and Claims.
- Manage ad hoc projects as required