Join us as a Territory Underwriting Manager who will develop regional and local Business Strategic, Tactical and Operational plans. Execute Action Plans, develop deep agency relationships, and represents the Company locally, regionally and on a national basis. Partner with Sr. Management of the Company and Regional Companies to drive both growth and profitability. Place your mark in the development of Marine and Property strategic and tactical plans based on company plans, technological advances, and corporate plans and work within limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Our focus will be on complex property, marine risks and programs that will drive profitable growth.
Making an impact includes:
- Building superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers. Developing and implements sales plans to leverage profitable business growth.
- Analyzing applications, determining acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to make the appropriate underwriting decisions. Applying underwriting guidelines and appetite to risk selection and pricing.
- Keeping current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others. Negotiating with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
- Developing a diverse book of business consisting of varied inland marine and property classes of business, risk size and complexity. Analyzing quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and preparing reports for management review.
- Assisting in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensuring continued profitable growth.
- You may provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities and providing assistance to underwriters requiring referrals due to the authority levels.
- Collaborating with management on risks exceeding authority level or requiring special handling. Evaluating underwriting performance based on financial analysis including rate, reserve adequacy, operational execution, planning and product reviews.
- Collaborating with Regional Companies in developing regional inland marine and property business plans.
- Assisting with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
- Collaborating with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Finance and Claims to driver profitable results and developing program opportunities.