Responsible for ensuring that price levels and loss reserves are adequate, assessing the profitability of business being underwritten and assisting finance with financial reporting requirements.
Provide management with research and analysis required to support strategic initiatives.
- Perform advanced analytics and modeling techniques including but not limited to generalized linear modeling and other forms of multivariate analysis.
- Participate in enterprise risk management initiatives, including support for catastrophe management, economic capital modeling, and internal rate and return studies, etc.
- Lead the regular preparation of adequate statistical data for loss, expense, and rate projections.
- Lead the actuarial component of the company’s planning process.
- Identify, retrieve, and prepare data in support of actuarial analysis through SQL, Essbase and other data sources.
- Adapt and develop rate methodologies for both existing and new company products using advanced techniques.
- Evaluate reliability of source information, adjust and weigh raw data, organize results into a form compatible for analysis and use by management.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to point out relationships among sources of information, and prepare conclusions and forecasts based on data summaries.
- Responsible for quarterly reserving analysis including presenting reserve position to W.R. Berkley executive leadership.
- Ascertain premium rates required and reserves necessary to ensure payment of future liabilities.
- Evaluate and/or prepares reports.
- Evaluate data to ensure data integrity.
- Ability to understand and discuss loss and financial data issues with consulting actuaries.
- Ability to effectively communicate all areas of responsibility both verbally and in writing.